Friday, July 22, 2011

Our Greatest Good

When you've had your heart broken, it can be really tough to clear your mind and get the good energy and feelings flowing through you again. Do everything you can to make it happen. It's worth it and the results are immediate. Good things will start careening your way so fast your head will spin. Sound like a crock? I'm living it - broken heart and all. I'm not putting those two pathetic little words out there again, though. My heart's on the mend. My trust might take a little longer, but it'll get there.

Last night, we were still experiencing blistering temperatures her in Chi-town. There were no air conditioners to be found. I had to repeat my mantra many times, "Everything is unfolding as it should for my greatest good." As the last of my makeup dripped onto my lap, I finally began to believe it again. I honestly think that was the turning point after several rough days of feeling angry and frustrated with men and all things romantic. I drove home, walked my dog, filled the tub with cool water and watched a movie. It was such a lovely, simple, quiet evening. Fantastic ideas began to emerge from the peace. I felt happy again. I even remained calm when the electricity went out, even though I'd been settling in to write. I rolled with it, literally. I grabbed my skateboard and took the dog out again. The power was back on within thirty minutes, but I decided to turn in early. I have trouble remembering to just relax and do nothing sometimes and even more trouble remembering that I'm allowed. Recharging is just as important as everything else, friends.

We went to the dog beach this morning, and got caught in another huge thunderstorm on the way home, but we had a blast. The day was off to a fabulous start. Later, at the post office I got in a bit of a snit when I waited my turn in a very long line only to find out I needed a special form to mail my package to Canada. I had my little tantrum (sorry to say), filled out the form, wrote a card to my grandma and got back in line. While in line, a man started talking to me about the heat and the news. I told him I had detoxed from the news and and many other things in an effort to simplify my life. We wound up having the greatest conversation. He said, "When I was in my twenties, I had nothing. Life was simple, and I was happy. Then I acquired a bunch of stuff and it really weighs you down... just like the news. I've only watched one channel this past year. You're right, I should simplify even more. So lovely to meet you! I ran into you for a reason!"

I couldn't have agreed more! Once again, everything turned around. I got the same lady when it was time to mail my package. I apologized for my earlier tantrum and told her what had just happened. I also told her I was now grateful I'd had to get back in line, and that I try to remember everything is happening as it should for my greatest good, but sometimes it's really hard. She got a good laugh out of it. We both did.

I've detoxed from junk food, cooked food, soda, owning too much junk, TV, news, newspapers, NPR, toxic relationships, unfulfilling relationships, the internet (no, I don't have it at home anymore - wifi, baby) and stinkin' thinkin'. Is it any coincidence everything I've needed has magically shown-up today from an uber-powerful fan like the one I sold and thought they didn't make anymore (only better!) to baby cucumbers! Clear your mind and you clear a path for whatever it is that you need... to find you in record time.

You really can have whatever kind of day you choose. Love it, love, it, love it! Carpe Diem! 

No comments:

Post a Comment