Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Simply Priceless Gift


I think the best gift I've ever received was from my former husband, and he doesn't even remember it. In fact, he was asleep at the time (no, not that, lol). Even when I told him about it the next morning, I don't think he believed me. I think he thought I dreamt the entire thing. Yet it was a defining and magical moment in my life.

We had been watching ridiculously scary things on Youtube before bed... always a smart idea. They were things neither of us would ever watch alone... poltergeists, possessions, hauntings, etc. But there's strength in numbers and morbid curiosity as well.

Not surprisingly, several hours later I was having nightmares. I remember hearing myself sort of fussing. I wasn't crying, but fussing like a baby. I was vaguely aware of it, but I couldn't seem to wake up. One of our nieces was an infant at that time and my husband just instinctively scooped me up in his arms and patted and rocked me as he whispered, "Shhh..." to quiet me down.

I instantly regressed back to my infancy. I was a baby again, and EVERYTHING was okay. It was the most safe, blissful, euphoric feeling I can ever consciously remember. I didn't have a care in the world, but it was more than that. If peace has a baseline, I was sailing right along it for several minutes and every single thing was right with the world.

I'm guessing that as adults, the closest we probably ever get to this is orgasm. I can only speak for myself, but I've never worried about taxes or getting the brakes fixed while having an orgasm. It's as if there's no space in your mind for anything but euphoria. That's what this was like. Euphoria filled every crevice of my mind.

I used to have a hypnotherapy practice, so I feel very fortunate that I understood exactly what had happened and also that I had been in just the right brain frequency at just the right time to have such a deeply moving experience. It somehow renewed my faith in the world, in our safety.

I've been making great strides lately in creating more peace and balance in my life. I'm a million miles from anything like I experienced that night, but it gives me great comfort simply remembering it and knowing someday we will all be free to swim and soak in that sweet simple peace for as long as we like.


No comments:

Post a Comment