Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Big Things Happening!

I need to be getting up earlier and making better use of my time this week, because next week I'm going on A TWO WEEK VACATION! Actually, it's more than a vacation - woo-hoo road trip, her I come! I said I wanted to travel and when I realized I had another month before the new owner took over my place, I knew I could visit the friends and family I've been wanting to see for several years! It started out as a road trip to Quebec to visit an awesome friend who came to see me here in Iowa not once, but twice this past year. It was definitely my turn. When I mapped it out I started to think of all the people I could visit along the way and got pretty blissed-out :)

To make this happen, I'm going to take care of quite a bit this week. After sorting four big boxes late last night, I was reading a book called You've Got to Read This Book by Jack Canfield http://www.amazon.com/Youve-GOT-Read-This-Book/dp/0060891696. It's all about the books that changed people's lives. I was reading about Rhonda Byrne and Wallace Wattle's book The Science of Getting Rich http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallace_Wattles. The part about her taking $500 and giving it away to complete strangers $50 at a time really struck me even though I'd heard the story many times. She wasn't in a place where she could afford it, or so she thought, but she didn't let that stop her. I've had a fascination with this sort of thing for some time and ironically (not) it also plays a big role in my new novel I've been working on. I'm starting to think this new novel is my subconscious mind shouting from the mountain tops lol. I think I should give the rest of my belongings away, the things I really don't need, just like Karen's friends did before they went to Hawaii. It feels right.

I'm currently enjoying my second 90-Day Secret Experiment - watching The Secret for 90 days in a row. A different message in it catches my attention every day. The message that jumped out at me today was: "Whatever thought has done in your life can be undone through a shift in your awareness." - Michael Bernard Beckwith

Yes, I'm going to give it all away. Got to go - have some calls to make :)

No comments:

Post a Comment