Monday, May 9, 2011

The Phoenix Must Burn to Emerge

Eight more items gone today! It's fun scouring the house for the obvious things that can go... and surprising. It's becoming so easy!

Simplifying my life also means my relationships. I have to let go of toxic relationships. I've been doing that for a long time now, actually. People who thrive on drama and want to drag me into it find we've reached the end of our friendship rather quickly. Family, however, is tougher... especially immediate family. I lived five hours from mine for years and it was easier, because I was unaware of a lot of daily drama. Now I'm here and I feel like a phoenix as in 'The phoenix must burn to emerge.' -Janet Fitch, White Oleander. Living in the midst of the chaos and not reacting to it is a major test of will and patience. I will do it though. I will master this. If I want to be happy and simplify my life, I will not be reactionary to the aggressive, manipulative people demanding my attention or anyone else. I cannot control them, but I CAN control how I react. Being reactionary is something I want to shed from my personality which will greatly simplify my life and ultimately provide me more peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment